Bootleggers transports players to the roaring 1920s, an era of jazz, flappers, and, notably, Prohibition. This engaging board game plunges you into the clandestine world of the illegal alcohol trade, where savvy, strategy, and a bit of sneakiness reign supreme.
- Role Assumption: Players become ambitious bosses in the shadowy world of the alcohol trade, aiming to outmaneuver their rivals and dominate the market.
- Strategic Play: Through careful management of resources, players build distilleries, run speakeasies, and manage the logistics of transporting their illicit goods, all while navigating the treacherous waters of law enforcement and rival gangsters.
- Economic and Social Manipulation: Success in Bootleggers requires more than just business acumen; players must also engage in bribery, intimidation, and strategic alliances to secure their position at the top of the bootlegging hierarchy.
- Historical Context: The game is rich with thematic elements from the Prohibition era, offering a blend of historical immersion and strategic gameplay.
- Dynamic Player Interaction: Bootleggers emphasizes player interaction through negotiation, alliances, and rivalry, making each game session unique based on the players' strategies and relationships.
- Law Enforcement Dynamics: Players must contend with the ever-present threat of law enforcement, from local police to the feared G-Men, adding a layer of risk and strategy to the smuggling operations.
- Economic Strategy: The game incorporates complex economic strategies, including supply chain management, market manipulation, and resource allocation, challenging players to think critically about their decisions.
Bootleggers offers a captivating glimpse into the tumultuous world of Prohibition-era alcohol smuggling, combining historical themes with deep strategic gameplay. Whether you're building a distillery in the countryside, running a bustling speakeasy, or trying to bribe your way out of trouble, the game promises a thrilling ride through one of America's most fascinating historical periods. With its emphasis on strategy, negotiation, and adaptability, Bootleggers is a standout choice for those looking to immerse themselves in a game of cunning, strategy, and historical intrigue.
- 3 - 6 Players
- 90 Minutes
- 14+ years old
- Medium difficulty
We like Bootleggers so much that we recommend it in the following board game recommendation lists 2024
- Position 24 in The Best Games from Mayday Games 🇺🇸🏢