Indigo is a captivating tile-laying game that combines strategy with a touch of competition, as players maneuver to guide precious gemstones to their goals. This game, reminiscent of classics like Metro, Tsuro, and Linie 1, challenges players to construct pathways on a shared board, where the twist lies in moving gems towards objectives for points, rather than simply building the longest route.
- Tile Placement: Players take turns placing tiles on the board to create pathways for gemstones to follow towards the goals.
- Gem Movement: Placing a tile adjacent to a gemstone moves that gem along the created path, revealing strategic placement to influence the gem's direction.
- Shared and Solo Goals: Depending on the number of players, goals on the board's edge can be shared between players or assigned individually, influencing the strategy for gem collection.
- Unique Scoring System: Gems are valued differently, with indigo gems being the most valuable, followed by green and yellow, adding depth to the strategy of which gems to prioritize.
- Flexible Player Count Adaptations: The game scales its goal-sharing mechanics based on player count, ensuring a balanced and engaging experience for two to four players.
- Gem Collision Rule: A distinctive rule where colliding gems are removed from the game, adding an element of risk to tile placement decisions.
- Simplicity and Depth: The straightforward tile placement mechanic, combined with strategic depth in path construction and goal attainment, makes Indigo accessible yet challenging.
Indigo offers a splendid blend of simplicity and strategic depth, making it an excellent choice for gamers looking for a thoughtful yet accessible experience. The game's elegance lies in its shared goals and the tactical maneuvering of gemstones, appealing to both casual players and strategy enthusiasts. Whether you're plotting to guide the precious indigo gem to your goal or strategically placing tiles to thwart your opponents' paths, Indigo promises a delightful and engaging gameplay session.
Nominated for 4 awards and won 1.
⭐️ Nominated for Kinderspiel des Jahres 2012
- 2 - 4 Players
- 30 Minutes
- 8+ years old
- Immediately playable
We like Butterfly Garden so much that we recommend it in the following board game recommendation lists 2024
- Position 3 in All "As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année"🇫🇷 2013 winners & nominees compared.
- Position 5 in All "Spiel des Jahres🇩🇪 2012" game award winners & nominees in comparison
- Position 34 in The best "As d'Or - Jeu de l'Année"🇫🇷 nominations.
- Position 24 in The best games from Reiner Knizia 🇩🇪👨
- Position 20 in The best games released in 2012📆
- Position 29 in The best games where you can build routes or networks
- Position 25 in The best games where you move from point to point
- Position 24 in The best games with hexagon grid ⬡
- Position 21 in The Best "Parents' Choice Awards🇺🇸" winners and nominees
- Position 46 in The best "Spiel der Spiele🇦🇹" board games